In St Kieran’s College pastoral care seeks to value and develop the young person at every level. It does this by caring for the quality of relationships between all the partners in the school community and it involves the engagement of all school polices, processes and programmes in the development of the students.
Our pastoral care structure aims:
- To provide a point of pastoral contact with each student.
- To provide a point of personal contact with parents, guardians and other agencies.
- To foster a caring and orderly environment which facilitates the growth of each student.
- To offer support and guidance to students on issues which affect them.
- To promote the development of curriculum and programmes which meets the needs of all students.
- To monitor progress and achievement across the whole curriculum.
- To network with other agencies in meeting the needs of students.