Days for Clergy – Day of Reflection for Priests
Tuesday, 18th August 2015, St Kieran’s College Kilkenny
Priesthood: Caring for the Bereaved.
Speakers: Fr Paddy Wilson, Dublin Diocese; Fr Chris Hayden, Ferns Diocese; Ms Patricia Wilson, Bereavement Councellor, Kilkenny
Priests of Ossory and those from neighbouring dioceses (Kildare & Leighlin, Ferns, Waterford & Lismore and Cashel & Emly) are invited to come together for some theology, prayer and importantly to spend time together socially so that we may learn from and support each other in ministry at a reflection day on Tuesday August 18th, this year, from 11am-4.30pm.
So as to have the day focused on something that will be of obvious and immediate benefit to ministry we have put together a day on “Priesthood Caring for the Bereaved”, see below for the programme for that day.
For further information or for those who would like to attend please contact St Kieran’s College at 056-7721086 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Running Order of the Day
- 11.00am Gathering with a coffee
- 11.30-12.30pm Death: What is it we believe? Fr Chris Hayden
- 1.00-2.00pm Lunch (Soup and Sandwiches)
- 2.00-3.00pm Our Funeral Liturgies: Consoling the bereaved. Fr Paddy Sweeney
- 3.15-4.15pm The task of caring while encountering loss. Ms Patricia Wilson
- 4.30pm Coffee and day’s Conclusion