There is currently a lot of work taking place to prepare for the reopening of St Kieran’s College. The school is a busy place – significant works to school buildings and classrooms are well underway, a new timetable is being developed, and numerous protocols and procedures are being put in place to accommodate a safe return to school in these challenging times as outlined in the “Roadmap to Reopen Schools” as published by the Department of Education and Skills.
The following information gives details of return dates for each year group. Further details regarding the Response Plan for the safe return for all students to school will be communicated to all parents separately in due course. It is important to acknowledge that in the current environment the following dates are subject to change as necessary and we will continue to adhere to NPHET and DES guidance and directives.
The academic year 2020/2021 will begin for students as follows:
- Wednesday 26th, Thursday 27th and Friday 28th August are Staff training days in order to develop Covid related Health and Safety routines and practices.
- Monday 31st August – First and Sixth Years return. Both of these year groups are then back permanently.
- Tuesday 1st September – Fifth Years are in for the day from 8:50am – 4pm and will not return again to school until Friday September 4th.
- Wednesday 2nd September – Third Years are in for the day from 8:50am – 4pm and will not return again to school until Friday September 4th.
- Thursday 3rd September – Second Years are in for the day from 8:50am – 4pm.
- Friday 4th September – All year groups (First, Second, Third, Fifth and Sixth) are in school from 8:50am – 1pm with the exception of Transition Year.
- Monday 7th September – Class for all year groups including Transition Years from 8:50am.
The staggered return for each year group is to allow for sufficient supports for students for their safe return to school and to familiarise them with COVID protocols for all. We look forward to welcoming all of our students back to school on the above dates.
Full timetables will be made available for each year group in due course.
Calendar for 2020-2021
Key dates will posted here once they have been confirmed.
The following are the Book Lists for First, Second, Fifth and Transition Years for the academic year 2020-2021. Third and Sixth Year Book Lists remain the same. There is a limited book grant available from the Department of Education & Skills for assistance with the purchase of school books. If you have any queries in this regard please contact the School Office.
For the First Year Book List please click Book List for 1st Years 2020-2021
For the Second Year Book List please click Book List for 2nd Years 2020-2021
For the Transition Year Book List please click Book List for Transition Year 2020-2021
For the Fifth Year Book List please click Book List for 5th Years 2020-2021
- Black V-necked pullover with white band inset on V.
- College Crest on pullover
- Mid grey pants, Hopsack material
- Light grey shirt
- College tie
- College Jacket
- Appropriate footwear (Runners are not allowed except for P.E. & games)
- Clear soled non marking runners for P.E. class
Students are reminded that their name should be clearly marked on all items of uniform.
The school uniform is available at: Paul’s, High Street, Kilkenny and Duggan’s Menswear, High Street, Kilkenny (except for the jacket)
Click on this link for a Message from Paul’s, Kilkenny.